Monday, January 24, 2011

240.4 - January 24, 2011

I guess when I finally got up and moved it made a little bit of a difference!!! My body was ready to get rid of some of that weight, I think!!!

I went on bariatricchoice.com today and bought a lot of high protein bars, snacks, and hot cocoa mix. I know I haven't been getting as much protein in as I want. I tend not to eat a whole lot in any given day. What I eat is usually good protein, but I need to eat more. Yes, I really did just say that!!! So, I need to have some good choices around. Some of those I can buy in the grocery store. Other things I really need to get online. I didn't buy anything that had less than 15 grams of protein per serving. But I got a variety. So, hopefully that will help. And the cocoa mix just sounded good. I will probably share that with the kids. They should be having more protein, too.

Haven't gotten back to exercise, yet. Just working on stretching my ankle. I need to get the PT scheduled.

Finally got the hematologist scheduled. Still following up on why my iron is so low.

And, got in to the urologist. Following up on the kidney stone. Have a CT scan for that on Thursday. And, need to call and arrange the 24-hr urine collection.

In the meantime I have my cold which has pretty much just settled in my throat and causes me to talk funny and never know if I'm actually going to be able to make noise when I open my mouth.

Today, Lizzie started the Orthodontic Trail. Sigh. As if we had a couple thousand sitting around. Insurance only pays $1K. Our part is $4685. I'm so glad I have work projects! Of course, I was kind of hoping to use that money to help pay off some bills that we already had. Not new ones.

Oh, well. Life is never boring!!!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

what kind of iron are you taking? They say on obesity help we need to be taking carbynol (that is not how you spell it) or hemme (not sure if that spelling is correct either) And we need to take vit c with the iron to help it absorb.